Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I think not.

I'm feeling a bit cynical.
I don't like it.
But here's the thing.
There's an election happening soon, and I'm pretty sure that whatever the result is, I'm not going to be pleased.
On one hand, we have a candidate who is as smooth a talker as they come, and he sounds to me to be a good bet. But I doubt highly that he's got the experience to legitimately run the country. On the other hand, we have the gunslinger from Arizona, whom I fear will be just more of the same.
So I'm a bit torn.
The question then remains. Who will I be voting for?
McCain? I think not.
Obama? I think not.
I think I'll not be voting for president this time around.

2 comments:

Scott said...

in addition to those i've been asking myself the following questions.

1. if we are to be in the world and not of it. are we being too of the world by voting and engaging in the church of america (nationalism).
2. if our citizenship is supposed to be in heaven, then as christians, do we have the right to vote here?
3. if i choose not to vote that means i can't complain about who wins or the policies enacted by that president because i chose to not make my voice heard by choosing to be a separatist hippie

~j said...

my gut reaction is that choosing not to vote is taking the easy way out.

but whatever you choose...please be in prayer for all of those who are determine to cast our ballot for the best candidate and who still have not decided who the best candidate is.